Saturday, March 31, 2007
Some weekends I can barely find my favorite band (ahem Tommy); this weekend, I think someone would need serious planning to enjoy all that is happening. Last night for kicks and grins, I decided to map out the cool happenings we have around us this ONLY weekend.

I would start out at 730 am to line up for the 500,002 car through the gate at MacDill for the Air Fest, as the cars started moving by 930 am thru the security gates a couple of flybys would occur, which would get me all excited. Around 11 am I would dart out the gate as 785,000 folks are trying to get in the gate. I would make it to St. Petersburg around 115 pm because you know it's only about 40 minute ride on a good day, this day, 2 hours and 15 minutes... I would head out to the Grand Prix, never get close to the track or the festivities, but I would do a huge U turn and head for Ybor to catch the Italian Fest. Around 3 pm I would make my way to Ybor and find not one parking spot near the place, but several streets away, I would find a safe spot to park. Just as I get out of the car, the homeless guy says hey pay me 20 bucks and I will make sure you car stays parked here. Hmm comforting, isn't it?

I get back in said car and head to PASCO County for the Chasta Fiesta. As I hit 75 (not the speed, the road) I find traffic is at a stand still. So I will take a short cut. I dive back down 275 and head to Tarpon Springs. (I bet you think I own stock in a gas company) I want to see the sponge docks...you know the Highland games are going on in Dunedin, do you think I can catch any of them?

By the time all this is said and done, what do you really think I saw and enjoyed? If anyone guessed I ate in Tarpon Springs at an art show display you were right, no more callers please.

I am just not sure how much more fun I can have tomorrow. Rinse and Repeat.

Why is EVERYTHING planned for this ONE particular weekend? Can you tell me that?
If anyone needs me, I will be in Disney World because I am sure NO one is going there...
 
posted by Nite Cricket at 10:22 PM |


0 Comments: