Friday, April 13, 2007
This week has turned a frustrating Tampa Bay situation into a quest for answers from the ole Nite Cricket. On Monday morning at 525 am I headed to Tampa International Airport for a flight to South Florida. Dropped my car off at short term parking and poked around a little before my flight. I spoke with 2 taxi drivers from 2 separate companies. Interesting dialogue actually. There are more than just one taxi driver with a point of view.

As I boarded the plane, I thought of the airport I was about to land in, and I decided to skip the rental car and grab a cab for the whole day. Fort Lauderdale here I come. I found out that our sisters in the South end of the State have it going on. Did you know you can grab a bus in the Fort Lauderdale area and take it all the way to Miami? You can buy a pass that allows you multiple trips for meager pennies. And did you know 3 of my cab drivers were polite, informative and took me around to see trains, planes and bus stops?

Tampa has a huge hurdle to jump. The area down there seems to work together with it's neighboring 400 cities. Interesting concept.

More later.

Labels:

 
posted by Nite Cricket at 6:01 AM |


0 Comments: