Sunday, April 15, 2007
I spotted a few taxi signs. I felt it was interesting to take note. Hmm has transit started to catch on? For a flat fee $22.00 you can get a ride to the airport (up to 7 passengers). I was shocked. This was really interesting. I also spotted a sign, Cruise Valet $100 now, the question was this. Was that $100.00 or $1.00? Funny most thought it was $1.00. I was shocked at how someone thought valet parking for a cruise could be $1.00. So I asked a few people standing bye and they said go over and ask. I was fearful of my life being taken as I crossed the area where the cars were parked. So I decided I would check another time.

Many folks arriving for the Legend's big send off today were milling around asking what is there to do in Tampa after the cruise? I made a few suggestions and even hand wrote for a few folks what to see in Tampa.

The port needs someone there informational, not selling time shares to let the folks know what to do in Tampa. Hmm think I am on to something here...

Hello Tourism Director, take a note here...

If you get a chance to cruise on the Legend, I think you will like her. I toured the ship today. I have been on her sisters and this ship is equally as nice as the others. Nice decor so you are not thinking of Peptol Bismal (the Miracle is gawdy pink)

Labels:

 
posted by Nite Cricket at 7:36 PM |


2 Comments:


At April 15, 2007 at 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Hi Nite Cricket, thanks for stopping by the Port Tampa blog. However, we are not near the Port of Tampa, where you were today but on the other side of the Interbay Peninsula down near MacDill. (Port Tampa City was a separate town until it was annexed by Tampa in the early 60s.)

 

At April 16, 2007 at 6:40 AM, Blogger Nite Cricket

Hello Port of Tampa, at first when I wrote my post to you, I thought I was kind of clear, but after I hit send I know it didn't read as I wanted. After leaving the Port I ventured out to a friends house. Drove down Bayshore and then scurried along by the Yacht club and found the place. I am going back today to find the traffic malfunction I described. I saw an area that should be up and coming, instead, it appears Tampa has forgotten a vital part of the City.