Thursday, May 10, 2007
Yesterday while attempting to hit Westshore Mall during lunch, I realized one major snag. Kennedy Blvd is under construction. Detours led me to a mini migraine. As I made my way back on a side street, it appears Mini Tampa isn't so mini. With the growth of new buildings cropping up, you would think we are a real metropolitan city. Clearly missing many attributes of a real Metro City.

So the drive made me think. If I were visiting what would I think? Nice climate, streets look clean, nice setting, cool places. Wait I need to make a U turn at cool places. Opps. Look OUT it's a one way street. Man oh man.

The designers of Tampa cannot possibly think the one way streets that have detour signs miss placed are helpful, can they?

After losing an eighth of an inch in tire rubber from slamming on my brakes to avoid going the wrong way, I realized maybe I should be a little nicer to those cars with other tags on. Don't get mad when they go the wrong way... Tampa seems action packed, and we seem to get the visitors, lets hope they can find their way back.
 
posted by Nite Cricket at 5:31 AM |


0 Comments: