Monday, April 23, 2007
Jennifer Porter wants to teach. The state wants to think about revoking her license. She has been on probation for how long, and now they want to finalize it. She states she wants to teach. I want to see her smile. I am not a huge smiley person, but this person has never cracked a smile EVER.

Do we really need more pent up- emotional- angry- uptight teachers? I think this girl has served her time. If the Governor wants to give felons back their right to vote, claiming their debt to society has been served, why can't this girl keep her license?

As tragic as the accident was, it was not malicious or intention. She freaked out. She had a huge lapse in judgement and lived her life in a fishbowl for a split second decision that caused her grief and the inability to ever smile again. But she did not do this in the classroom. Teaching is what you do, not who you are...

I could rant about the teachers from my day, the teachers that fondled the girls, the PE Teachers that would repeatedly ask the chesty girls to run extra miles, the math teacher who would say, 'give me some love and I will show you the A. Or the dozens of teachers who misused their influence and ruined lives IN SCHOOL. The drama teacher that decided to film Laurie Licks Lincoln. yeah yeah yeah you think it was only in recent years... NOT hardly!

She did not creep into these children's bedrooms and molest them. I stand on the fence as to her guilt. I believe everyone holds responsibility. Same with the above-mentioned scenarios. I was busty, I had a killer figure, and lets face it, I knew it. Did I cause this? Perhaps.

To take away her license is not productive. If she got a DUI she would still be able to teach.
If she had a car accident that killed someone and she didn't leave the scene, she would still be teaching. The children are still dead. But she would still be teaching. Not productive I tell you!

Labels:

 
posted by Nite Cricket at 6:36 AM |


4 Comments:


At April 23, 2007 at 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

WTF school did you go to?

 

At April 23, 2007 at 12:52 PM, Blogger Vox Populi

Robinson or Blake ! (just guessin) But I'd like to know, too. I don't agree with everything you say nite cricket but I DO agree that it's unproductive to keep her punished for life. Maybe not as a teacher. Kinda it bleeds over with morality and such because it wasn't JUST HER. She took the car and her parents washed it down and such. That's two generations of corrupt action at work. (attempting to hide a crime) Can we be sure it's not passed on to children? Just sayin ....
I didn't even really care that she fled. I think anyone would want to. I almost didn't care that her folks did that. But then ... I thought about it and realized that I would want the person I love to not spend their life hiding and skulking. Her parents' first thought was to cover it up. People forget that. It's possible that she needs to do something else for a living ........ Of course I feel the same way about deblafave becoming a journalist ... aren't we looking for INTEGRITY in these sports?
At least you stick up for people. I like that. I never got bad feelings from lil jen porter. The people who surrounded her made her look bad, hiding crimes and buying her out of trouble. Making her look ethically challenged with some statements made by those who mouthpieced for her. Left to her own devices and ethics she might have come out looking better.

 

At April 23, 2007 at 7:16 PM, Blogger Nite Cricket

I actually went to school in Pinellas County. Seminole to be exact.

 

At April 24, 2007 at 9:51 AM, Blogger Vox Populi

you should expose those people for what they ARE. You really should. They are doing this to other children, now you can be sure.