Sunday, April 22, 2007
Normally I try to stay off my soap box on personal issues. However, this weekend so many people lost their lives doing what we do daily. DRIVING. The most senseless was the backhoe of sorts driver that was driving on U.S. Hwy 19 at 8:25 p.m (more than dusk) without lights on. A 58 year old man swerved after seeing him and died. One other driver is in critical condition.

The driver has been charged with vehicular homicide. Across the water 2 were killed by a DUI driver. Every day I pray when I get on the road and I pray for my friends and family. If you think I am kidding, you're crazy. Driving today is not only a serious business, it's a risk that gives no second chances. Death is final.

Drives me nuts (no pun intended). I cannot tell you how many red light runners there are on any highway. I used to be the girl of quick reaction time. When the light hit green I gunned it, (hey if John Force can do it, so can I). However, I am now the girl with the hot mattel car that waits before hitting the gas in any intersection. I am thinking of getting rid of the plastic car and getting a Humvee. Totally tubular I say. AND SAFE!

I guess the close of this weekend is more than sad, but also it comes with perplexity. I hate to drive on U.S. Hwy 19 on a good day, why the heck would a backhoe drive at 8:25 p.m. ?

Time for FDOT and the Highway Patrol get on the stick with these idiots.

Labels:

 
posted by Nite Cricket at 7:35 PM |


0 Comments: