Saturday, April 28, 2007
http://www.soundoffandbeheard.blogspot.com/

I was nose-ing around other blogs, and found that April Griffin has a blog and she want's some input about the school system.

Normally I stick to topics that prick my blood, but she brings up a good outlet. So I went over and posted a comment. I am not sure it will appear, after I wrote a heartfelt response, I found that it had some other sign on process.

Regardless, if you are a resident of Hillsborough County and you give a rats behind about our future leaders (current students) or the education system, give her a shout. I would ask that you be mindful of your manners, and not slam. To get results, you need to be productive.

With that said, and my tongue in cheek post about my own school experience, let me say this. I was not traumatized by my experience. It actually molded me to who I am today. A realistic woman that knows there are many walks of life out there, and you must overcome and learn to protect yourself.

Finally, for the Hillsborough County School Board... someone needs a clue. School systems aren't changing; people are changing. Go back to the basic 3 R's and let's set the parents straight. Not the other way around. Society as a whole SUCKS. I have a sibling with children and she would tell me how it was the teachers responsibility to do this or that. BOILED my blood. She would call the teachers and say she can't get perfect child number 2 to attend school, they need to help her... Well perfect child number 2 didn't finish high school with the rest of his class, I believe he went to some reform school of sorts... What does that tell you about the PARENTING skills??????? And why is it the teachers responsibility??? Stop allowing parents the opportunity to neglect their duties.

Labels:

 
posted by Nite Cricket at 7:08 PM |


4 Comments:


At April 28, 2007 at 7:45 PM, Blogger April Griffin

Nite Cricket,

Thank you for your comments. I do care and don't ever want to forget where I came from. I want to always remember the people who worked so hard to elect me. I ran because I want to make a difference...not make friends downtown.

What problem did you encounter when posting? I am moderating to make sure there is no cursing or vulgarity, and I have to view post before I publish them. April

 

At April 28, 2007 at 9:12 PM, Blogger Nite Cricket

The comment section let me post, after I hit publish it showed the blank comment box and asked me to resign in. I thought my post was lost. I was hoping to review before sending, I wanted to correct my spelling before sending. Just thinking a teacher may see my post, makes me nervous. What a nerd I am!

Thanks for visiting and caring about our school system. This is clearly a step in the right direction.

 

At April 29, 2007 at 8:10 AM, Blogger April Griffin

I saw that sticks of fire blog allowed comments. Did you post your comment from my blog or sticks of fire? I will try to fix the comment sectiom. Thanks for the input.

 

At April 29, 2007 at 8:59 AM, Blogger Nite Cricket

I posted on your blog the comments. I did post as well on Sticks. As I reviewed the comments section on your blog, it appears it posted. I am probably having a technical issue on this end.

Thanks again!