Saturday, June 2, 2007
For many years I was something I couldn't put my finger on. Couldn't quite explain it, didn't know the name for it, and no one really understood it. Today, low and behold in the newspaper no-less I found it. Who knew the St Pete Times had such informative information...

So I am a stepchild. I lived in Pinellas County for many years and then started working in Tampa. I felt like I was living a weekend step-child life. I began dating a great guy who lived outside of Tampa and I spent so much time there, but I didn't want to give up my Pinellas (Seminole actually) roots. I knew all the great places to eat Malio's, Donatellos, Berns, Hyde Park before it was trendy, and Ybor. Then I made the move. Across the Bay I went.

You would have thought I was lost in a divorce agreement. My Pinellas friends thought OMG you are sooooooooo far away. Then I decided to open a business in Pinellas and live in Tampa. What is going on with me? I must be a 3 step-child family.

Why can't these step-families get along? Why must we be divided? I can tell you the best places in Pinellas and Tampa. To add a little spice into the mix, I ventured out across the state and became Bi-Coastal. Not BI-SEXUAL. Loved the East Coast until it broke my heart, and I humbled back to the Pin/Hill area for healing. I have dusted off my broken heart and have landed in a new zone.

Now I am cheating on all the area's. That's right, I am giving up my standard grits in the morning and visiting a new relative. This relative has a closer place in my heart than either county. I am trading Indian Rocks Beach for the North Shore. I am trading downtown Tampa for Walnut Street. AND I LOVE IT.

Relax I am not moving, I am going to winter/summer where I feel the best. I have the flexibility at my young age to travel and live in 2 houses. GO ME.

But I still have guilt. If you need any recommendations on what is a good spot, and you don't feel like you are violating a visitation order, look me up.

Labels:

 
posted by Nite Cricket at 8:47 PM |


0 Comments: